Although Santa Barbara’s fantastic climate can often trick us into thinking summer is a year round affair, the holiday season has arrived, whether we’re ready or not! Fortunately, Santa Barbara is packed with fantastic holiday activities for people of all ages this time of year, and we at Santa Barbara Adventure Co. are here to highlight some of the area’s best events and activities. With Turkey Day fast approaching, the guides at Santa Barbara Adventure compiled a short list of must-do activities for you and your loved ones over the next couple of weekends:
- Looking for a way to get the kids and in-laws out of the house on Thanksgiving Day? Send them to the Santa Barbara Zoo which will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 10-3:30pm.
- After the holiday is over, take a break and let someone else do the driving, thinking, and meal prep for a day by signing up for a Santa Ynez Valley wine country tour! You can rest assured knowing we were recently voted as Finalist for the best ‘Santa Barbara Wine Tour Company’ by readers of the Santa Barbara Independent, and have a variety of wine tours that fit any taste and personality. For those hoping to enjoy the crisp fall air, exploring the wine country by bicycle is a fantastic opportunity for the whole family, especially those trying to burn off that third serving of stuffing. However, if you are looking to treat yourself to a unique wine tour, check out the Tasty Cupcake and Wine Tour, where participants enjoy great wine, world-class wineries, and the best cupcakes this side of the Mississippi.
- The MOXI Children’s Museum is offering an awesome VIRTUAL Thanksgiving Camp from November 23 – 25th (9:30-11:30am) for kids grades 2-4. Campers will have the freedom and tools to create their own superhero identity, construct a getaway vehicle, and learn how to use eye-catching distractions to flee the scene to protect their secret identity. Conducted over Zoom by MOXI’s Education team, each sign-up comes with a camp t-shirt and self-guided activities to keep the fun going long after the Zoom is done.
- If you are looking for a restaurant to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner while visiting Santa Barbara, there are quite a few options. Restaurants do tend to book up quickly for the holiday, so make your reservation early.
- For the adventurous at heart, you may opt for a holiday of excitement with turkey sandwiches and ocean mist in your face. For an amazing day at sea, the Channel Islands National Park is just a few miles off the coast of California. Ferry boats and kayaking tours are available throughout the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The island offers hiking, bird watching and much more. Call our office to check available tours and island camping options.
- Head over to the Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens for a lovely fall-time stroll. The garden’s 78 acres encompass a variety of displays as well as natural coast live oak and riparian woodlands. Their November events include a “Grow your own Seeds” class, Morning Bird Walk and much more.
- The Santa Barbara Adventure Company will be open everyday of Thanksgiving week with the exception of Thursday (Thanksgiving Day). Tours book up fast so make a reservation today for a family-friendly Fun Paddle in the Santa Barbara harbor/marina area or push yourself to learn a new skill together with a SUP lesson in the Santa Barbara harbor/marina. Looking for some adrenaline? Check out our Mountains to Shore downhill bike tour.
Photo credit: Creative Commons/ SpecialKRB