As always, the safety of our guests and staff is our primary concern. In agreement with the Santa Barbara County Health Department and in following the directives placed forth by the CDC, the Santa Barbara Adventure Company will implement the following practices to mitigate the possibility of COVID – 19 exposure for guests and employees.
Increased Safety Precautions from Our Staff
- All working staff have undergone COVID-specific training to address increased sanitation practices, implementation of social distancing, and updates on company health policy.
- All activity equipment and safety gear will be disinfected & sanitized prior to use, including paddles, helmets, paddle jackets, PFD’s, and wetsuits. Kayaks will also be disinfected after each use.
- Hand sanitizer, masks, and rubber/latex gloves will be provided for guest & staff use.
- Signs will be posted at check-in to remind guests of social distancing requirements. Please note that all of our tour check-ins take place outdoors with ample space.
- If you need to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk Form on the morning of your trip, you’ll be provided with sanitized pens & a sanitized clipboard. We recommend that you sign your waiver prior to check-in through our online waiver system.
- Additional signage will be posted to inform and remind guests and staff of COVID-19 signs and symptoms, along with proper hand washing and disinfecting practices.
- We will continue to adhere to our small group size ratio of 8 guests to 1 guide. Private tours are also available.
- All staff will undergo regular temperature checks and health screenings. Any employee who exhibits COVID symptoms, has a high temperature, or answers affirmatively to our health screening questions will be encouraged to self–isolate and seek medical attention through the Santa Barbara or Ventura Health Department.
Take confidence in knowing that our Operations Teams are working extra hard to ensure we continue to meet and exceed CDC guidelines out on our trips, as well as back at our warehouse and office facilities.
Guest Expectations and Requirements
- Guests will be subjected to a health screening prior to joining a trip that includes the following 3 questions and/or a temperature check:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 72 hours?
- When appropriate, guests will be required to wear masks covering their nose & mouth (we encourage eco-friendly, reusable coverings). Disposable masks will be available for any guests who do not bring one.
- You will be required to sign our standard Acknowledge of Risk form prior to participating in a tour, which has been updated to acknowledge the “risk of airborne diseases & viruses such as COVID.”
- Please take the necessary precautions to protect yourself before your trip and when traveling. If you are 60 years or older, or if you have a chronic medical condition such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes, please feel free to give us a call.
- Please call our office if you have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to a scheduled trip or if you develop flu-like symptoms (a fever, cough, and shortness of breath) during the 14 days prior to a scheduled trip.
Additional Measures for Trips that Include Vehicle Transportation
- In addition to the above measures, the max capacity for our vehicles will be limited to 10 passengers.
- Windows will be rolled down to increase airflow circulation when possible and proper to do so.
- We are asking guests as well as our staff driver to wear a mask inside the vehicle when social distancing of at least 6 ft. is not available.
- Guests should handle any personal luggage or wine purchases that will be stored in the van.
- All of our vehicles will be disinfected BEFORE & AFTER use. Disinfectant wipes/spray to sanitize hard surfaces in the vehicles will be available for guests throughout the tour.
Our COVID response plan is subject to change at any time based on city, county, or federal guidance. Updated 6.2.2020
COVID-Flexible Cancellation Policy
With uncertainty surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are doing our best to adapt our normal cancellation policy. At this time, we have adapted our cancellation policy for all trips through June 30th, 2020.
· For guest travel plans that are interrupted due to COVID, we are offering a flexible cancellation policy. If you know you are going to be visiting us again in the near future, we encourage you to request a full holding credit (see details below). This is our small, family-owned business plea for sustainability in these difficult times. For refunds, we are offering a full refund minus $10/person to help us during this time — thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if you have a concern with the adaptations to our cancellation policy.
· Full holding credits retain the full value of your tour to be used at a later date. This credit can be applied towards any future trip and never expires. We encourage guests to select this option whenever possible and to keep our entire community (& us!) in your post COVID-19 travel plans. With a holding credit, your information is retained our system — all you have to do is call or email us when you are ready to reschedule.
If you would like to alter an existing reservation that is scheduled for July 1st, 2020 or beyond, please reference the cancellation policy in your confirmation email.