As always, the safety of our guests and staff is our primary concern. In agreement with the Santa Barbara County Health Department and in following the directives placed forth by the CDC, the Santa Barbara Adventure Company will implement the following practices to mitigate the possibility of COVID – 19 exposure for guests and employees.
Increased Safety Precautions from Our Staff
- All working staff have undergone COVID-specific training to address increased sanitation practices, implementation of social distancing, and updates on company health policy.
- All activity equipment and safety gear will be disinfected & sanitized prior to use, including paddles, helmets, paddle jackets, PFD’s, and wetsuits. Kayaks will also be disinfected after each use.
- Hand sanitizer, masks, and rubber/latex gloves can be provided, upon request for guest & staff use.
- Private tours are available for those who do not want to be grouped with other parties/guests.
Take confidence in knowing that our Operations Teams are working extra hard to ensure we continue to meet and exceed CDC guidelines on our trips, as well as back at our warehouse and office facilities.
Guest Expectations and Requirements
- On public transportation which includes our Wine Country vans, unless booked privately by your group, and on the Island Packers ferry to/from the Channel Islands masks covering your nose & mouth are required per public transportation regulations. We encourage eco-friendly, reusable coverings. Disposable masks will be available for any guests who do not bring one.
- You will be required to sign our standard Acknowledge of Risk form prior to participating in a tour, which has been updated to acknowledge the “risk of airborne diseases & viruses such as COVID.”
- Please take the necessary precautions to protect yourself before your trip and when traveling. If you are 60 years or older, or if you have a chronic medical condition such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes, please feel free to give us a call.
- Please call our office if you have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to a scheduled trip or if you develop flu-like symptoms (a fever, cough, and shortness of breath) during the 14 days prior to a scheduled trip.
COVID-Flexible Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation policy can be found in your tour confirmation email. For guest travel plans that are interrupted due to COVID, please reach out to our office to discuss options.
Our COVID response plan is subject to change at any time based on city, county, or federal guidance.