As always, the safety of our guests and staff is our primary concern. In agreement with the Santa Barbara County Health Department and in following the directives placed forth by the CDC, the Santa Barbara Adventure Company will implement the following practices to mitigate the possibility of COVID-19 exposure for guests and employees.
Increased Safety Precautions from Our Staff
- All working staff have undergone COVID-specific training to address increased sanitation practices, implementation of social distancing and updates on company health policy.
- All activity equipment and safety gear will be disinfected and sanitized prior to use, including paddles, helmets, paddle jackets, PFD’s, and wetsuits. Kayaks will also be disinfected after each use.
- Hand sanitizer, masks and rubber/latex gloves can be provided, upon request for guest and staff use.
- Private tours are available for those who do not want to be grouped with other parties/guests.
- All staff are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated for COVID.
Take confidence in knowing that our Operations Teams are working extra hard to ensure we continue to meet and exceed CDC guidelines on our trips, as well as back at our warehouse and office facilities.
Guest Expectations & Requirements
- While masks are not required while in our vehicles, they are encouraged for unvaccinated or high risk guests per CDC and CA Health department recommendations.
- Please take the necessary precautions to protect yourself before your trip and when traveling. If you are 60 years or older, or if you have a chronic medical condition such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes, please feel free to give us a call.
- Please call our office if you have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to a scheduled trip or if you develop flu-like symptoms (a fever, cough, and shortness of breath) during the 14 days prior to a scheduled trip.
COVID-Flexible Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation policy can be found in your tour confirmation email. For guest travel plans that are interrupted due to COVID, we can offer a full holding credit or a reduced cancellation fee of $15/person when we are notified at least 72 hours prior to trip departure. For last-minute cancellations please call or email our office directly (805-884-9283, email@example.com) for support and options. Please note ferry tickets are generally non-refundable for last-minute COVID cancellations.
Our COVID response plan is subject to change at any time based on city, county or federal guidance.