As always, the safety of our guests and our staff is our primary concern. In agreement with the Santa Barbara County Health Department and in following the directives placed forth by the CDC, the Santa Barbara Adventure Company will implement the following practices to mitigate the possibility of COVID – 19 exposure to guests and employees.
You can expect the following increased safety precautions from our staff:
- All working staff have undergone additional COVID training to address increased sanitation practices & the implementation of social distancing as well as other changes to company policies.
- Staff will have their temperatures regularly taken and staff with temperatures above 100.4 will not be able to work.
- Staff will also be screened with the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or a sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the past 48 hours?
Any employee not feeling well or answering to the affirmative of any of the above questions will be encouraged to self –isolate and seek medical attention through Santa Barbara Health Department.
- Upon meeting us for check-in we will have signs to remind guests of social distancing requirements. Please note that all of our check-ins take place outdoors in areas where there is ample space.
- If you need to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk Form on the morning of your trip, you’ll be provided with sanitized pens & a sanitized clipboard. We recommend that you sign your waiver ahead of check-in through our online waiver system.
- Our tours have always been small with an 8:1 ratio. We offer fully private tours as well.
- We will be providing hand sanitizer as well as rubber/latex gloves for guest use. You are welcome to bring your own gloves.
- Signage will be posted & increased that informs, educates, and reminds employees and guests of Covid-19 signs and symptoms, proper hand washing and disinfecting practices.
- All of your personal safety & kayak gear will be disinfected & sanitized prior to use, such as paddles, helmets, paddle jackets, PFD’s, and wet suits. Additionally, we are spraying our kayaks with disinfectant after each use.
- We will be providing full PPE for our staff who will be required to wear face protection that covers their nose & mouth, when appropriate, and while they are within 6 feet of guests as well as gloves when handling any client gear.
Take confidence in knowing our operations teams are working extra hard to ensure we meet or exceed CDC guidelines on our trips as well as at our warehouse and office facilities.
We will be requiring the following protocol of our guests to keep our community as safe as possible:
- Guests will be screened upon arrival either with a temperature check and/or the 3 following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- When appropriate, guests will be required to wear masks covering their nose & mouth, we encourage eco-friendly, reusable coverings. Disposable masks will be available for any guests who do not bring one & we’ll also have cloth ones available to sell for $10.
- You will be required to sign our standard Acknowledge of Risk form prior to participating in a tour, which has been updated to acknowledge the “risk of airborne diseases & viruses such as COVID”.
- Please take the necessary precautions to protect yourself before your trip and when traveling. If you are 60 or older, or if you have a chronic medical condition such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes, please feel free to give us a call.
- Please call our office if you have been in contact with someone (within approximately 6 feet for any sustained period of time) of a person known to have COVID-19 within the 14 days prior to a scheduled trip or if you develop flu-like symptoms (a fever, cough, and shortness of breath) during the 14 days prior to a scheduled trip.
Additional Measures for Trips that Include SBACo Provided Vehicle Transportation
- In addition to the above measures the max capacity for our vehicles will be 10 passengers.
- When possible we will have windows down to increase airflow circulation.
- We are asking guests & our driver to wear a mask when in vehicles when social distancing of at least 6 ft. is not available.
- Guests should handle any luggage or wine purchases that will be stored in the van.
- All of our vehicles will be disinfected BEFORE & AFTER use. Disinfectant wipes/spray to sanitize hard surfaces in the vehicles will be available for guests throughout the tour.
For information specific to our COVID flexible cancellation policy please see below.
Our COVID response plan is subject to change at any time based on city, county, or national guidance. Updated 5.15.20
COVID Flexible Cancellation Policy
With uncertainty surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation we are doing our best to adapt our normal cancellation policy. At this time we have adapted our cancellation policy for all trips through June 30th.
· For guest travel plans that are interrupted due to COVID, we are offering a flexible cancellation policy. If you know you are going to be visiting us again in the near future, we encourage you to request a full holding credit (see details below). This is our small-family owned business plea for sustainability in these difficult times. For refunds we are offering a full refund minus $10/person to help us during this time, thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if you have a concern with the adaptations to our cancellation policy. Our hearts go out to all those in the tourism/hospitality industry who have lost their jobs.
· Full holding credits that retain the full value of your tour to be used at a later date, essentially it’s like a gift certificate that never expires. Our goal is for our guests to select this option as you’re committing to keeping our entire community (& us!) in your post COVID-19 travel plans. With a holding credit your information is retained our system & all you have to do is call or email us when you are ready to reschedule.
If you would like to alter an existing reservation that is scheduled for July 1st or beyond, please reference the cancellation policy in your confirmation email.