Looking for one of the most exciting jobs around? Santa Barbara Adventure Company offers a fun, challenging and rewarding place of employment for people who love to be outside and share our region’s natural, beautiful places with our guests. We are currently accepting applications for experienced guides to lead tours at the Channel Islands.
People who do well here:
- Love being outside
- Enjoy sharing the beauty of the Channel Islands with others
- Are passionate about the environment
- Get along with everyone
- Can adapt their teaching style to different personalities
- Enjoy a fast paced work environment
- Can think on their feet
- Take having fun seriously
- Enjoy a fun, tight knit workplace that celebrates success
Desired skills for guides:
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- Leadership/Group Management
- Commercial Guiding
- Environmental stewardship
- Interpretation skills and knowledge of local human and natural history
- First Aid/CPR certification, WFR and WFA preferred
Desired Experience for guides:
- Sea kayaking/ sea cave kayaking
- Previous work experience guiding commercial tours
- Demonstrated leadership experience with diverse groups of people
- Familiarity with the natural and human history of the Channel Islands
- Knowledge of marine ecology and local environment
Work Season: Our busy season stretches from April – November with our peak months being June – September. Generally we need all of our guides available from May – November but there are some employees
who work year round as we do continue to operate through the winter months. A flexible schedule and full time availability is required from all guides from mid-June – mid October.
Want to Learn More? Check out our company profile on LinkedIn and connect with some of our current and past employees. Get inspired by photos of the amazing trips we offer on Flickr. See how much fun our guides have in this video slideshow on Youtube.
How to Apply: Fill out and submit our job application form.
Email us a copy of your resume and outline any relevant guiding or leadership experience. We’ll take a look and be in touch if you seem like a good fit. Typically we hire most of our new guides from February through mid-April so they are trained and ready for the busy season. We also have other opportunities that come up during the year and will accept applications year round.